Red Wine Chocolate Cake
The only way to describe this decadent cake is... OUTSTANDING!! Nothing else goes better with wine than dark chocolate! Dark chocolate is loaded with minerals and fibre and wine is loaded with antioxidants and resveratrol. Needless to say, both improve your mood!
Prep: 15 minutes | Cooling Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes hour 15 minutes
Recipe sourced from https://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/red-wine-chocolate-cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
4 oz dark or bittersweet baking chocolate,
pinch of salt
1 tsp honey
2 cups mixed blueberries, raspberries and
strawberries, for garnish and serving
1. Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C), Grease 9 inch or 10 inch bundt pan.
2. In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda &
baking powder. Add eggs, wine, oil & vanilla. Using an electric mixer on low
speed, mix until blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Increase speed
to high; beat 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Pour into greased pan; smoothing top. Bake for 35 minutes until cake tester
inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean. (Note: Cake does not
fill full depth of bundt pan)
4. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
5. Heat cream in small saucepan over medium heat to bring to a simmer, stir
occasionally. Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Pour the hot cream onto
the chocolate. Let stand 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture
6. Stir in honey and salt. Cool slightly to allow mixture to thicken (it should still
be pourable). Drizzle over cake. Let stand for about 10 minutes to allow the
chocolate glaze to set. Garnish and serve with berries.