No-Knead Artisan Bread Baked With Love
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons kosher salt not table salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast active dry or highly active dry work best
· 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
Special cookware needed:
· Dutch oven or any large oven-safe dish/bowl and lid*
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough. Do not over-work the dough. The less you "work" it, the more soft, fluffy air pockets will form.
2. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours*. Dough will bubble up and rise.
3. After dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest.
5. After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven. With floured hands, place the bread dough into it. (You can put a piece of parchment under the dough if your Dutch oven isn’t enamel coated.)
6. Replace cover and bake for 30 minutes covered. Carefully remove cover and bake for 7-15 minutes* more, uncovered.
7. Carefully remove bread to a cutting board and slice with a bread knife.
Sourced from: www.comfortofcooking.com